Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DAY 8

Question:  Wherein lies the power of Christ?

Mark Mabry: Reflections of Christ
Read:  D&C 19:15-24, Mosiah 3:5, Mosiah 4:2-3, Mosiah 5:7-9
Ponder:  How can I get rid of guilt?  Do I honestly believe the power of the atonement covers my sins?



“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.” (Matt. 5:43–44.)  Most of us have not reached that stage of compassion and love and forgiveness. It is not easy. It requires a self-discipline almost greater than we are capable of. But as we try, we come to know that there is a resource of healing, that there is a mighty power of healing in Christ, and that if we are to be His true servants we must not only exercise that healing power in behalf of others, but, perhaps more important, inwardly.                                                                                                                                                           ~Gordon B. Hinckley            
Lead Kindly Light - Simon  Dewey
"It is essential to have Christ at the core of our lives. In these 'perilous times,' oh, how we need Him!  He is the source of strength and safety.  He is the light. He is life. His peace 'passeth all understanding.' As our personal Savior and Redeemer, He invites us, one by one, with outstretched arms to 'come unto Him.'  I testify that He is always there, His merciful loving arms outstretched."
            ~Sister Anne C. Pingree

1 comment:

  1. Although I am supposed to be on Day 14, I realized I haven't been emotionally invested the last few days and backtracked. This is a good day for me to work on. After quite a bit of a spiritual struggle this morning, I realize I carry a lot of guilt and often feel I am just not "worthy" of the atonement. Looking back at my conversations with other women, I suspect this is a common theme for many of us. Recently a sister missionary in our branch told us about an experience she had while she and her husband were serving a temple mission. All the temple workers were at a special meeting. The speaker asked how many felt they would enter the celestial kingdom. She said almost none of the women raised their hands while almost all of the men did. Why did the women not raise their hands? They all had temple recommends and were living worthily. I realize I have been allowing my poor feelings of self-worth to prevent me from enjoying the full blessings of the Atonement - probably exactly what Satan wants! How can we as women help each other to avoid falling into this rut? I suspect it is pretty prevalent among women today. I am grateful the Savior is so patient with us :)

    ReplyDelete