Friday, February 10, 2012

DAY 20

Question: What is the pure love of Christ?
Read: Moroni 7:40-48
Ponder:  Have I felt these past 20 days a greater love for my Savior? Have I felt His love?  
Can I commit myself to live each day as 
Christ would live for the rest of my life?

Beside Still Waters by Simon Dewey 
"Jesus asked his disciples, 'Whom do men say that I am?'
And Peter answered with words of conviction and power, nothing wavering:'Thou are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'  We, too, can know in our hearts that Jesus is the Christ, that He died for us and lives for us.  He is our Advocate with the Father. He is the reason we celebrate Christmas and Easter.  His work is what the Church of Jesus  Christ of Latter-Day Saints is about.  His Kingdom is nigh.  He is Jehovah, our elder brother in the premortal world.  His  name is Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.  His name stirs our souls.  His work stirs our consciousness.  He stands with a perfect love for us, and all he asks in return is our obedience, our devotion, our time and our love.  When He shows us how to love- both ourselves and our fellow beings - we glimpse, however briefly, how life with Him - eternal life with Him - will be."   (Church News 3/88)

1 comment: